Thursday, October 4, 2018

Fall has arrived!

Fall has arrived and with it comes the Fall Middle School project!  When I took over the classroom from my predecessor, I decided to keep the Fall & Spring projects as a part of the middle school program.  What I changed is having the "theme" of the project on a 3 year rotation.  That way (1) no project theme will be repeated while a child is in the St Francis program and (2) established plans are in place for the continuing rotation.  Last year the theme was Mannequin Heads & Altered Books...I think some of the students would like to do thsoe EVERY year!  Changing it up makes them challenge themselves artistically.  Next year the theme will be Wearable Art (kids get really excited about this one as well).

This year the students have a research aspect to the project.  They may research a period from Art History or they can research a famous artist from Art History.  Students will write a short (1 page) paper about the chosen subject, create a concrete art piece based on the research, and then make a 5 minute presentation to their class.  This will be my second go round for this theme with my 6th-8th graders.  The projects from 2015 were AMAZING!  I can hardly wait to see what the students come up with this year!  Below are photos from 2015.   You can see the sky is the limit as far as projects go!  ENJOY 😊

This 1st group of pictures showcases the entire middle school.  All projects were displayed in the school foyer for everyone to see.


 

 

 

This next group of pictures highlights some of the amazing work these talented students created.

Please notice Michelangelo in the front.  I love when their sense of humor is on full display 😂


"The Scream" by Edvard Munch transformed into sculpture

Picasso's "Still Life with Pitcher and Apples" again transformed into sculpture


Wayne Thiebaud cupcake painting

Romero Britto in Sharpie with glitter accented lips

Dali & Surrealism (I have to admit this was one of my favorite presentations!)

Pointillism morphed with Dr Who


Of course, Bob Ross made an appearance

Keith Haring movement sculpture


Renaissance art & architecture (I got to keep this one 💜)

This year's projects are due October 29.  They will be on display in the foyer through November 7th.  Be sure to check in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to a New Year of Art fun!!  After a COVID year of teaching from a cart, I am SUPER excited to be returning to my classroom space!  L...