Wednesday, April 1, 2020

How Can It Almost Be Thanksgiving?!

Oh my goodness, it has been a busy year!  I blinked and it is almost Thanksgiving.  Of course, that will be followed by a flurry of Christmas projects in the Art Room ❤  Let me show you a bit of what has been going on since the last post.

PreK entered my world this year and I have to say they are the most wonderful of additions!  We have been working on scissor skills, color mixing, and shapes among other things.
A couple of self-portraits, colored with bleeding tissue paper and water

My Middle School students created amazing pieces for the Fall Art Project.  This year the themes were Wearable Art, Shoe Art, or Canvas Art.  They didn't disappoint! 
The trunks of these trees were textured with hot glue "bark".  What a wonderful touch!

Lina (grade 7) designed this canvas and went into detail about how it was created when presenting to her classmates.

Dominic (grade 8) was inspired by a project we created while he was in 4th grade.  He made this amped-up version of the original.  Each of the tubes is created from a 1"x2" piece of paper, rolled into a tube and glued after it had been decorated.

Vianka created this fabulous shirt using acrylic paints and fabric medium, plus fabric flower details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to a New Year of Art fun!!  After a COVID year of teaching from a cart, I am SUPER excited to be returning to my classroom space!  L...