Friday, January 25, 2019

So excited with the continuous line drawings that my Middle school students created!  Here are a few examples that just "wowed" me.  Enjoy

 

 

For our next journal assignment we will head into the world of Zentangle.  I remember when my son would doodle on the edges of his papers in school and get into trouble for it.  Now the "doodling" has a name and it has become a recognized art form!

For this assignment students will start with a cross shape (this week starts Catholic Schools week, so the form was an easy "base" to begin with).  Parents: Instructions with a few idea links are posted below (Google or Pinterest is full of examples/ideas, beginner thru advanced levels). Students have 2 weeks for this assignment (due February 11), but may turn it into me any time between now and then.   

Journal assignment #2:  Zentangle cross

Create a large cross outline in your journal.  Divide it into sections (no fewer than 7 sections).  Choose a design for each section (no 2 sections may be the same).  Your design may be black and white or colored.  **For maximum impact in your design be sure to alternate light and dark areas**  Extra credit: Add a border around the cross! (this may be one continuous design or different designs). 
http://elementaryartbox.blogspot.com/2012/09/zentangles_12.html (love this one!  Step by step directions!)

Given the results of our first Journal assignment I can hardly wait to see what the students create with this one!  
edit:  I stumbled on one more site with more Zentangle info and patterns than I could pass by!  Good luck getting out of this one 😉   http://tanglepatterns.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to a New Year of Art fun!!  After a COVID year of teaching from a cart, I am SUPER excited to be returning to my classroom space!  L...